Freight shipping is an industry that simplifies all your export and import needs. These companies are equipped to provide cargo transportation services to commercial companies, business owners and even individuals. In order to provide freight services, a freight shipping service company should have the license to transport different types of cargos and should be authorized by the Federal Maritime Commission Parallelly
It doesn’t matter how often you ship. If your package or item is bulky, oversized, or is affixed to a pallet, it qualifies as freight. You don’t have to be a high-volume shipper to take advantage of freight discounts as long as you meet certain weight requirements
– Packing Tips: It is important to properly pack your item for freight shipping to prevent damage. If your goods are going in one or more boxes, be sure the boxes are new before you ship boxes; corrugated cardboard loses some of its strength with each use. If you need to use a printed or previously used box, be sure to remove or obscure any labels and bar codes. A good freight shipping company will walk you through the steps for safely packing any item, in any situation.
– Know the Weight: Make sure to give the true weight for your shipment. The weight of the item should be exact and must include packing materials. The best option is to get it weighed after it is already prepared and ready for shipping – just be prepared for any changes to be reflected on your final bill. If you do not have the means to weigh your package at your home, there are certified weight scales available in your location.
– Understand Freight Paperwork: A freight company may want you to use their bill of lading (BOL) so that the carrier is aware of any quoted discounts you received. A few minutes to read over the paperwork could save you time and money in the long run.
– Method of Pickup: There are two ways shipment: Your shipping company can tell you location closest to your home or your shipment will delivered to your home. The second choice is more convenient, but there are additional fees or limited street access for residential delivery.
– Ready for Delivery: Make sure you have the appropriate identification when claiming your shipment at a cargo terminal or at point of delivery. The carrier may ask for your BOL paperwork and proof of identity. The carrier will not just leave your package at your front door or with another person. Make sure you are available at the time of delivery to avoid additional fees for storage and/or charges to re-deliver.
According to statistics, demand for vehicle shipping services will grow exponentially. Each day, many vehicles are being transported across the country and overseas. Different groups of people need auto shipping services at different points. So, it is no doubt that vehicle-shipping industry is a good field to start a business. As you get involved in the industry, you get more chances to proceed and grow your business easily. However, it is easy only in theory. Practically, it would require you to meet the challenges involved in start up of a vehicle transport business. It is easy, if you plan and strategize your business well. To excel in vehicle shipping industry, you will need to:
Register your business will US Department of Transportation (USDOT)
Beat your competitors
Optimize your shipping routes
In order to register with USDOT and FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration), you will need to show up a financial statement for showing your capabilities of starting a new business. Moreover, you will need to provide your company specifications including details of trucks and trailers. An investigation team will inspect your car transportation machinery along with other provided details and then will finalize your legitimacy information. The point here is to buy advanced auto transportation machinery recommended by FMCSA so that it would not be difficult for your authorize your business. Moreover, along with that, you should invest in good trucking software to keep tracking your cargo.
Since there are many companies in the industry, coming up as a leading company would require you to market your business. A number of ways can help you market your business. Since, most customers use internet for hiring car transporters, you should design a website of your business for online marketing. Hire an expert SEO for bringing your site on top of search engine rankings. It would increase the chance of getting potential customers.
One of the major concerns regarding vehicle-shipping business is to manage staff. You will need to hire expert auto haulers as well as transport staff that would get things done perfectly. Moreover, you will have to offer them attractive packages so that they would not think of leaving your company.
Key to excel in auto transport business is to provide customer base dedicated services. For that, you are advised to offer competitive auto shipping quotes that would attract customers. Moreover, you ought to optimize your shipping routes in order to reduce the fuel cost. This is just a simple way of leading auto transport industry from the front.